Platstar is a shared community resource dedicated to providing a safe, positive, and welcoming platform for all of its members. Members are expected to engage with other users from a foundation of mutual respect. Our standard for most public pages, tags, and posts is higher than “tolerance”, it is a standard of “politeness”.
Try to hold yourself to the same standards of behavior as if you were talking with strangers in real life. As Platstar deals extensively with local communities and real life events poor behavior and harassment have a high potential for real-world consequences.
The First Rule
As per our Terms of Service we reserve the right to delete any content and close any account for any or no reason at all. This page is a series of guidelines, and may be implemented as seen fit by Platstar’s designated administrators.
Failure to follow the Code of Conduct may result in, but is not limited to, the following consequences:
- Deletion of your content
- Limiting your ability to read or participate in communities
- Limiting features available to your account
- Requiring you to verify your identity via phone number or even ID card
- Permanent closure of your account
Attempting to use an “alternate” account to bypass any consequence will have further action applied to all of your accounts.
Not Work Safe Content
You should not post anything that would be considered inappropriate in a school or business environment without being designated Not Work Safe. If it’s rated above PG13 it’s not allowed without being tagged #NWS.
Here are some examples:
- Extensively foul or offensive language
- Sexually explicit content, even in text form.
- Content containing pornography, nudity of any kind, or sexualized minors.
- Content containing blood and gore.
- Bigoted or hateful imagery or statements, even in jest.
The #NWS, Not Work Safe, tag exists as a meta-tag that can be used to post some adult content. This tag is not available to minors under 18 years old. If a user accessing or participating in NWS content is found to be a minor their account will be permanently banned.
Not Work Safe content may not be included in any User, Tag, Spot profiles or other content fields, even when made private.
The following content is not allowed even when marked Not Work Safe:
- Any violations of the other sections of the Code of Conduct.
- Illegal speech of any kind under your local laws, United States Federal Law, or Colorado State Law.
- Content portraying minors in sexualized situations, simulated or real.
- Promoting the harassment of any individual or organizations.
- Extreme hate speech such as using race, religion, sexual orientation, nationality, ethnicity, or gender as a means of targeted harassment.
- Any content found to be damaging to Platstar or its affiliates.
Communities, Sports, and Spots
Posts, Events, Spots, and all other content using Platstar’s Tag system must be marked with only topical, relevant Tags.
Content marked with any tags is subject to oversight by both the Platstar global moderation team and the appointed moderators of the included tags. All rules stated in a Tag’s profile will apply to any content marked with that tag. Moderators have the right to remove any tag that is not topical from a Post or Event or otherwise moderate such content.
- Tags must have clean, up-to-date profiles containing only relevant and topical information.
- Tag profiles must be free of any Not Work Safe content or other violations of the Code of Conduct.
- Duplicate tags, markers, or content for public spaces is not allowed.
- Tag administrators and moderators may not implement rules in conflict with any provision of the Code of Conduct.
- Tag rules must be conducive to an environment of quality discussion and may not be overly harsh or meant to quell discussion for politically or financially motivated reasons.
- Tag administrators, moderators, and curators serve at the sole discretion of Platstar LLC and may be removed and replaced for any reason.
- In cases of abuse of Private Tags the tag will be closed instead of the original buyer being removed.
Trademark: You may not use someone’s brand or trademark, including business name and/or logo, in a manner that may mislead or confuse others about the content’s brand affiliation. Parodies, commentary, and fan content must include a disclaimer in their profile that they are not the actual brand, and may not violate fair use doctrines.
Copyright: We will take action on clear and complete notices of alleged copyright infringement. Users may not infringe on any entity’s copyrights in any content.
Impersonation: You may not impersonate individuals, groups, or organizations in a way that misleads, confuses, or deceives others. While you may create parody, fan, commentary, or news feed content, you may not do so if the content is engaging in spamming or abusive behavior. Parody and lookalike content must include a disclaimer distancing it from the subject material.
You may not use our services for any unlawful purpose or in furtherance of illegal activities. By using Platstar, you agree to comply with all applicable laws governing your online conduct and content.
We have the right to share information with law enforcement voluntarily or by court order in accordance with criminal investigations.
The following topics are not allowed in any capacity on Platstar, even in links to external content:
- Coordinating illegal activities through posts or messages
- Trade or synthesis of illegal drugs
- Pirate or warez content
As a location-based service the mental and physical safety of our users is of highest importance. Due to the nature of our platform tightly integrating with real life, we will take action on Platstar if we are given clear evidence of abusive behavior in accordance with any use of our service, such as events featured on our platform. We will also give notice to and cooperate with legal authorities in cases of abusive behavior.
You may not make specific threats, wishes, or incitement of physical harm, death, or disease towards an individual or group of people. You may not affiliate with any organization designated as a terrorist organization by the United States government. Participating in violent activity at any event featured on our platform will result in the termination of your account.
Sex offenders: Anybody convicted of a violent sexual offense is not welcome on Platstar. This includes but is not limited to sexual assault, rape, participation in human trafficking, or any other violent sex crime. When given notice of any such convictions we will ban any account associated with that individual.
Abuse: You may not engage in the targeted harassment of someone, or some people, or incite other people to do so. Attempting to harass, intimidate, or silence someone else is not allowed.
Sexual harassment: You may not send unsolicited sexual content, unwanted sexual advances, or otherwise engage in sexual misconduct on Platstar or at any event affilated with Platstar. Don’t be a creep.
Suicide or Self-Harm
You may not promote or encourage suicide or self-harm. If we receive reports of a person threatening suicide or self-harm we may take steps to assist them such as reaching out to them or providing resources such as contact information for mental health help. We will contact, and we encourage you directly to contact, any authorities when given notice of imminent threats of self-harm.
Private Information: You may not publish or post (or “dox”) another person’s private information without their express authorization and permission. This definition may vary depending on local laws.
Intimate media: You may not post or share intimate photos or videos that were produced or distributed without their consent. This includes things like “revenge porn” and “creep shots”.
Threats to expose: You may not threaten to expose someone’s private information or intimate media.
Spam and Security
You may not take part in any activity that compromises the security, stability, or usability of Platstar.
You may not use Platstar for the purpose of spamming anyone. Spam is generally defined as bulk or aggressive activity that attempts to manipulate or disrupt Platstar or the experience of users on Platstar.
Spam includes but is not limited to:
- Using more than one account to vote on content.
- Promoting websites or services on Platstar without an express agreement with Platstar LLC.
- Posting duplicate or substantially similar content, posts, replies, or mentions using one or more accounts.
- Attempting to subvert, artificially inflate, or otherwise manipulate Platstar’s content sorting in an inorganic way.
- Posting misleading, deceptive, or malicious links such as affiliate links, links to malware/clickjacking pages, phishing schemes, etc.
- Creating fake accounts or accounts meant to impersonate other users.
- Using or promoting third-party services meant to boost the visibility of Posts, Spots, Tags, or other content.
- Attempting to sell, purchase, or use services to artificially inflate account interactions.
You may not:
- Access, tamper with, or use unauthorized or non-public areas of Platstar, Platstar’s computer systems, or its technical delivery systems.
- Probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of any system or network, or breach or circumvent any security or authentication measures.
- Access or search, or attempt to access or search, Platstar by any means other than through our currently available, published interfaces, and even then only pursuant to the applicable Terms and Conditions. You may crawl Platstar in accordance to our robots.txt settings, but may not otherwise scrape Platstar without a separate agreement with Platstar LLC.
- Forge any TCP/IP packet or any part of the header information or use any other means to use Platstar to send altered, deceptive, or false source-identifying information.
- Interfere with or disrupt the access of any user, host, or network, including without limitation sending a virus, denial of service attacks, flooding, spamming, mail-bombing, or scripting the creation of content meant to disrupt the usability of Platstar.
- Do any other “elite hacker” nonsense meant to disrupt Platstar or access unauthorized content.